Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16596 Discussions

Re-opening IP configuration wizard from QIP file (Quartus Prime 17.1)

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi All, 

I'm trying to re-open the wizard from a given .QIP/.V pair and having it repopulate the fields from the contents of the .V file, but I can't seem to do this is Quartus 17.1. For example, I'm trying to experiment with some PLL values (using ALTPLL) in combination with other logic to generate some clocks. Right now, every time I want to change the PLL ratio, I have to regenerate the IP from scratch using the wizard (enter the name then re-entering the same data into several pages over and over). Alternatively I have to edit the .V file manually, but the header of the .V file explicitly tells you not to edit it outside of the wizard. Is there a way to open the generated IP instance from the wizard and have it populate the already filled in values (from the .V file?). Opening (via double clicking) the .QIP file just opens it up in the text editor of Quartus, rather than the expected behavior of re-opening the wizard. 

Thanks 

Zuofu
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You don't mention if you are using Standard or Pro edition. For Pro edition, you should be opening the .ip file to edit the parameter settings. In standard, in the Open File dialog, make sure you have "Open as" set to "Auto". When you open the top-level file for the IP, it should reopen the parameter editor.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Ah, okay - I figured out what I was doing wrong (using Lite Edition 17.1). My project navigator was set to the files tab and I was trying to open the QIP file. Setting the project navigator to Hierarchy and double clocking on the module re-opens the parameter editor.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

That will do it too.

0 Kudos
Wayne_Liu
Novice

My version is 17.1 Pro. I tried as the tips above, but it still does not work. Qip file is opened in the form of plain text. I have no idea what's going on. I'm afraid it's a bug. Is there any workaround?

alexislms
Valued Contributor I

Same here in 22.1 PRO, .qip provided with an example design generated by Quartus iself.

It doesn't open the IP parameter Editor, it opens as a text file with tcl commands.

0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

In Pro you open the .ip file, not the .qip.

0 Kudos