Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16559 Discussions

Request for IEEE 1735 Encryption Public Key

PSTU
Beginner
Our company sells Intel FPGA hardware and IP cores that can be used together with Intel FPGAs. We want to encrypt (with 3rd party tool) RTL using IEEE 1735 v1 standard which will then be synthesized in Quartus. User Guide pointed me to this forum to ask for the key (Intel-FPGA-Quartus-RSA-x).
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Kenny_Tan

Quartus Prime STD cannot de-/encrypt IEEE1735 v1?

You are right, Quartus Prime Std does not support this.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Kenny_Tan

Do u plan to use for Quartus Prime Pro or Quartus Prime Std?

0 Kudos
PSTU
Beginner

We normally use Quartus Prime Standard for the development of our IP solutions. 

But the encryption is done by an external tool.
Our customers must be able to decrypt our IP cores with any Quartus Prime edition (Standard and Pro).

0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

If that is the case, you will need to contact your local sales to get the Ampcrypt and Amplic tools.

Only this tools support both version of encryption.

You may find the info: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/support-resources/download/licensing/q-and-a.html#c_10

10. Q: How do I purchase a license with netlist encryption capabilities?

0 Kudos
PSTU
Beginner

We already have Ampcrypt...

For us the important thing is, that we have an encryption method that allows Quartus and ModelSim to use (decrypt) VHDL sources. Is this possible with Ampcryp for ModelSim?

So you say that Quartus Prime PRO can encrypt and decrypt IEEE1735 v1
but

Your link does not include any answer record to encryption.

0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

You are right, Quartus Prime Std does not support this.

0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

any further queries?

0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

We do not receive any response from you to the previous answer that we have provided. Please post a response in the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you with your follow-up questions. 

0 Kudos
PSTU
Beginner

I already marked the answer above as solution. So my request is answered.

But it would be very nice if there would be a way to encrypt vhdl and then use it with Quartus STD and ModelSim without providing the precompiled libraries...

Maybe in a few years

0 Kudos