Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16593 Discussions

Resource usage estimation after analysis&synthesis

daehyeok
Novice

Hello,

I have a Quartus project that can be successfully compiled for Intel N3000 (i.e., the bitstream is generated). I was wondering if it is possible to get estimated resource usage information after the analysis & synthesis step (before the IP generation step) in Quartus Prime Pro. 

I find the resource utilization report that is available after the entire compilation process, but I was curious if it's possible to get approximate information only after the synthesis step.

If so, could you let me know how to retrieve the information for a given .qpf project file?

Please let me know if you need any further information.

Thanks,

Daehyeok

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Nurina
Employee

Hi,

On Quartus Prime Pro, you need to run IP generation first and then only you are able to run Analysis & Synthesis.

After completing Synthesis, go to Compilation Report->Synthesis and find the Resource Usage Summary report. It might be in the "Partition" folder, you'll have to look through the files/folders in the Synthesis folder for this report yourself.

Regards,

Nurina

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Nurina
Employee

Hi,

On Quartus Prime Pro, you need to run IP generation first and then only you are able to run Analysis & Synthesis.

After completing Synthesis, go to Compilation Report->Synthesis and find the Resource Usage Summary report. It might be in the "Partition" folder, you'll have to look through the files/folders in the Synthesis folder for this report yourself.

Regards,

Nurina

0 Kudos