Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
15378 Discussions

Resource usage estimation after analysis&synthesis

daehyeok
Novice

Hello,

I have a Quartus project that can be successfully compiled for Intel N3000 (i.e., the bitstream is generated). I was wondering if it is possible to get estimated resource usage information after the analysis & synthesis step (before the IP generation step) in Quartus Prime Pro. 

I find the resource utilization report that is available after the entire compilation process, but I was curious if it's possible to get approximate information only after the synthesis step.

If so, could you let me know how to retrieve the information for a given .qpf project file?

Please let me know if you need any further information.

Thanks,

Daehyeok

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Nurina
Employee

Hi,

On Quartus Prime Pro, you need to run IP generation first and then only you are able to run Analysis & Synthesis.

After completing Synthesis, go to Compilation Report->Synthesis and find the Resource Usage Summary report. It might be in the "Partition" folder, you'll have to look through the files/folders in the Synthesis folder for this report yourself.

Regards,

Nurina

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Nurina
Employee

Hi,

On Quartus Prime Pro, you need to run IP generation first and then only you are able to run Analysis & Synthesis.

After completing Synthesis, go to Compilation Report->Synthesis and find the Resource Usage Summary report. It might be in the "Partition" folder, you'll have to look through the files/folders in the Synthesis folder for this report yourself.

Regards,

Nurina