Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16608 Discussions

Running Modelsim commands on Linux that is installed on Windows PC.

TRoa
New Contributor I

Hello guys,

I adopted the following procedure to install Linux on Windows 

How to enable Linux on Windows .

I have installed modelsim 2020.1 on my windows machine. I want to run commands like vlib and vcom on the Linux shell that I have enabled using some options within Windows(procedure link given above).  I was looking for some help in this regard, as the windows bash shell doesn't seem to be recognizing these commands.

I ran the same commands on Cygwin, Windows Powershell, and Windows command line. These three interfaces are recognising Modelsim Batch mode commands. 

How may I run my already installed Modelsim that is installed on Windows machine, on the Linux that is also installed on the same Windows machines(After enabling Windows System for Linux)? 

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ShengN_Intel
Employee

Hi TRoa,

In order to run commands like vlib and vcom on the Linux shell (wsl enabled) for Modelsim that is installed on Windows machine.

First, cd to folder bin64 or win32aloem by typing:

cd /mnt/<your_directory>/quartus/bin64 or

cd /mnt/<your_directory>/modelsim_ase/win32aloem

Then, execute the command by typing:

vlib.exe or vcom.exe (must include the .exe extension)

Best regards,
Sheng

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel support are helpful, please feel free to give Kudos.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ShengN_Intel
Employee

Hi TRoa,

In order to run commands like vlib and vcom on the Linux shell (wsl enabled) for Modelsim that is installed on Windows machine.

First, cd to folder bin64 or win32aloem by typing:

cd /mnt/<your_directory>/quartus/bin64 or

cd /mnt/<your_directory>/modelsim_ase/win32aloem

Then, execute the command by typing:

vlib.exe or vcom.exe (must include the .exe extension)

Best regards,
Sheng

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel support are helpful, please feel free to give Kudos.

ShengN_Intel
Employee

Hi TRoa,

I’m glad that your question has been resolved.
I now transition this thread to community support.
If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. 

Thank you.

Best regards,
Sheng

0 Kudos