Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
14972 Discussions

Setting VCCPD in the Pin Planner or in any other way

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

Hello, 

My problem is that the standard setting of VCCPD for my project is 2.5V and I need to set it for certain banks to 3.3V. I have looked through the pin planner, and the device settings and I haven't found a single setting to change it. 

I need to change it, as I need 3.3V LVCMOS output, which requires 3.3V VCCIO, which in turn requires setting the VCCPD for those banks to 3.3V. 

I know this is a blatant question, but I really haven't found how to do it anywhere. 

Thank you and have a nice day, 

Tibor
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

Hi, 

No, you cannot manually set the VCCPD voltage supply of a particular bank in the Quartus® II design software, since the required VCCPD voltage of a bank is dependent upon it's respective VCCIO. The required VCCPD voltage is derived by the Quartus II design software from the respective VCCIO setting. 

To make a voltage assignment to the VCCIO supply of a bank, you can use the following assignment: 

set_global_assignment -name IOBANK_VCCIO <voltage> -section_id <bank> 

Where <voltage> is the required voltage (e.g. 3.3V) and <bank> is the bank number (e.g. 3C). 

https://www.altera.com/support/support-resources/knowledge-base/solutions/rd05052011_690.html 

Best Regards, 

Anand Raj Shankar 

(This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation)