Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16597 Discussions

Signal Tap II error (261009)

JPark222
Novice

The sof file is programmed/configured successfully, but Signal Tap complains with rather a ridiculous error: (I followed up the guide - create/modify stp by GUI, save/recompile)

Error(261009): Cannot run Signal Tap Logic Analyzer. Signal Tap File is not compatible with the file programmed in your device. The expected compatibility checksum value is 0x5579E704; the value read from your device is 0x5579F714 

Isn’t JTAG vindicated from the fact we configure FPGA successfully all the time? The programmer does not allow to check Verify box, only Program/Configure box, simply put, you can't click Verify box, although it is NOT "disabled/gray".

I’ve checked all cases I could find from internet about the Error, but nothing helps.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JPark222
Novice

Sorry I didn't update sooner. 

The issue has been resolved by lowering JTAG frequency (default 24M to 6MHz) due to a rather long JTAG cable/connection. What confused me most was the success (or maybe "silent failure") of downloading  sof at the default frequency.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

It's not a JTAG issue necessarily.  Your .stp file is not matching the Signal Tap settings that have been programmed in the device.  Check your project settings and make sure the correct .stp file is being pointed to.  Save your .stp file and recompile.  Try programming the device with the new programming file directly from the .stp file (upper right corner of the file).

#iwork4intel

0 Kudos
JPark222
Novice

Sorry I didn't update sooner. 

The issue has been resolved by lowering JTAG frequency (default 24M to 6MHz) due to a rather long JTAG cable/connection. What confused me most was the success (or maybe "silent failure") of downloading  sof at the default frequency.

0 Kudos
Raphy
Beginner

thank you ,but I aware all this . 

I only change the signals in the signal tap. nothing in the project. 

Regards Raphy

0 Kudos
Raphy
Beginner

Hi.

any change i did in signal tap , the project didn't run.

it seems the device is programed ,but nothing happen.

0 Kudos