Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
14962 Discussions

SignalTap node finder terribly slow (18.1 Standard Edition)

RZhen11
New Contributor I

I'm working on an Arria10 design with about 30% fill, (i7-7820HQ @2.9GHz, 16GB RAM, Windows10)

Every time I want get a list of nodes (SignalTap: pre-synthesis) it takes more than 15mins+ to get the list.

Please share your experience how to fix this.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

This is after running Analysis & Elaboration from the Processing menu?  Very strange.

What's actually happening during the 15 minutes where you're stuck?

#iwork4intel

SLabe
Partner

Have you tried with a fresh Quartus project with a skeleton project to see if the behavior is the same?

RZhen11
New Contributor I

I have no clue what the tool is doing, at beginning I though the tool is dead. But it actually came out after a long wait.

I might have to recreate a new project from scratch .

sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Before you do that, try quitting Quartus, deleting the db and incremental_db folders (if present) in your project directory, and re-run Analysis & Elaboration.  Something could be corrupted in the compilation database that is causing the issue.

#iwork4intel

RZhen11
New Contributor I

Just to update, I've tried a with a newly created project.

Same thing, I can't believe if it's because my project is TOO BIG.

SLabe
Partner
Have you tested on a different workstation?

@sstrell, should I file a ticket on behalf of my customer?
#iworkforarrow

SLabe
Partner

Hi, are you still struggling with this? Thank you.