Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16597 Discussions

Simulation not working in Intel Quartus Prime (Questasim unable to checkout license)

areebTAG
Beginner

Hi,

As I try to run simulation using RTL in Intel Quartus Prime, I get an error complaining about a license problem.  I already had questasim installed which works fine but when it is opened through Quartus then I get the error message below. Has anyone managed to fix this problem?

areebTAG_0-1645517785804.png

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hello

Welcome to Intel forum. May we know Quartus version you use?

And could you help re-confirm your environment variable setup again? You need to set your LM_LICENSE_FILE environment variable to point to the license that Intel provides. c:\intel\license.dat or something similar.

You can refer to link on how to set environment variable.

To make this entry, you may perform a windows Search for "System Variables" and then click on "Edit the System Environment Variables" and then click "Environment Variables". Be aware that you must add the entry in System variables, not user variables.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/docs/programmable/683472/21-4/environment-variables.html      

Specifying the License for the Questa

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/docs/programmable/683472/21-4/specifying-the-license-for-the-software.html

hope this help

0 Kudos
areebTAG
Beginner

Hi ,

I can't quite figure out what I have to do. I already have Questasim FPGA Starter edition installed. The Lincense file has been added to the environment variables and Questa works fine when I launch it from the start menu it just doesn't work when I launch it from Intel Quartus. Any ideas ?

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hi

May I know what Quartus version you use? OS information? 

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

We do not receive any response from you to the previous reply that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

0 Kudos
areebTAG
Beginner

This has been fixed. I don't know how but Questasim is working now. 

0 Kudos