Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)

Simulation tutorial

pese
Beginner

I get the error message below when running the waveform editor - not very informative...?

# vsim -novopt -c -t 1ps -L fiftyfivenm_ver -L altera_ver -L altera_mf_ver -L 220model_ver -L sgate_ver -L altera_lnsim_ver work.light_vlg_vec_tst

# Start time: 17:13:46 on Nov 23,2020

# ** Error (suppressible): (vsim-12110) The -novopt option has no effect on this product. -novopt option is now deprecated and will be removed in future releases.

# Error loading design

Error loading design

# End time: 17:13:46 on Nov 23,2020, Elapsed time: 0:00:00

# Errors: 1, Warnings: 0

Error.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RichardTanSY_Intel

In the simulation waveform editor > Simulation > Simulation Setting,

Change the modelsim script by removing the '-novopt', example:

vsim -c -t 1ps -L fiftyfivenm_ver -L altera_ver -L altera_mf_ver -L 220model_ver -L sgate_ver -L altera_lnsim_ver work.light_vlg_vec_tst

Then run the simulation again and see if it works. 

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Do you able to solve the issue based on the my latest reply? 

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Hi, 

We do not receive any response from you to the previous question/reply/answer that I have provided. Please post a response in the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you with your follow-up questions.

0 Kudos