Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16769 Discussions

Support for ALTERA FLEX 81500AQC240-2 Device

VictorILunga
Beginner

I used to design with Altera FPGA more than 20 years ago, and I have a my old design with FLEX EPF81500AQC240-2 Device that I am trying to use in a Product Demonstration Equipment. I have just installed Quartus 24.1 on my computer in order to write the Firmware for this device. I would be very appreciative if you could, please, provide me with the Development Tool that support this device.

I am counting on your help, and looking forward to hearing from you promptly.

Kindest regards.

Victor ILunga

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

You have to go back to like Quartus 9.0 to support such an old device.  I don't know how you can access that.  I think there's a legacy download link somewhere.

0 Kudos
_AK6DN_
Valued Contributor II

Quartus 13.0sp1 is the earliest available download from Altera now. But it is way too recent to support your device

Try here:

https://archive.org/search?query=subject%3A%22quartus%22

Their are some links to Quartus6.1 and Quartus9.0 and Quartus9.1 variations.

But I don't know if even these versions are too new to support your device.

0 Kudos
FvM
Valued Contributor III

Hello,
as far as I see, Flex8000 FPGA series has been never supported by Quartus. I went back to Quartus 2.1 of 2002, it's supporting Flex6000 and Flex10k, but not Flex8000. You need to refer to legacy Max+plusII software.

I see that Flex8000 was released in 1994, before Flex6000 and Flex10k (1995). 

See Quartus 2.1 Release Notes below.

Regards
Frank

0 Kudos
VictorILunga
Beginner
Hi Frank,
I think you're probably right! When I used it, indeed it was with MAX+PLUS II VHDL.
This is probably a very long shot; however, any chance of getting MAX+PLUS II Software from somewhere at all, anyone?

Thanks for your help, everyone, for all the information and advice already received so far.

Victor 
0 Kudos
_AK6DN_
Valued Contributor II
0 Kudos
VictorILunga
Beginner

Hi AK6DN,

Thanks ever so much for the Link, and I have just installed the software, and I am really eager to get back into it after all these years.

But, I am now having an issue with the license as you can seen in the attached  image:  This license is not allowing me to use the device I have.  Any advice on how I can get around this obstacle, please?

MAX PLUS License Screenshot 2024-08-10 220445.png

Victor  

0 Kudos
_AK6DN_
Valued Contributor II

I can't help specifically, but you might want to look here:

https://licensing.intel.com/psg/s/?language=en_US

at the Intel Licensing Center. I believe you can still get licenses there for even the really old stuff.

If that does not work, someone else will have to comment as I have not used that part series ever.

I was a MaxPlusII user back then, but mostly for the 7000 series CPLD parts.

0 Kudos
VictorILunga
Beginner

Hi AK6DN, Frank and All,

Thank you so much for taking the time and making the efforts to advise along my way thus far; I can confirm that I now got MAX+PLUS II and running; and I can now focus on the actual project contents; thanks a million for your help.

Kind regards and gratitude.

Victor 

0 Kudos