Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16594 Discussions

The problem about Transceiver Toolkit for testing IP : altera_xcvr_10gkr_a10

Sam_Chang
Beginner

Hi all,

I want to test BER in Transceiver Toolkit for altera_xcvr_10gkr_a10,

In IP Parameter, I choose  "Enable Hard PRBS and Native PHY Debug Master Endpoint support"

After compile, in Transceiver Toolkit, I try to use Auto Sweep to loop-back PRBS, but the receiver can't receive any data, so the BER don't have any information.

In the picture, I don't know why I have this yellow warning.

How to solve it.

THANKS!

receiver.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution
SengKok_L_Intel

Hi

If you can use the Native PHY IP will be a great help to narrow down the problem, you may use the 10G base R preset setting in Native PHY IP and then enable the PHY to debug the master port. This can help to rule out if there is any dependency on the BASR KR IP or any design connection relate problem.

Regards -SK

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
SengKok_L_Intel

Hi,

Before using the TTK, does this design working fine with any other traffic test? You might need to double-check your design if there is any clock/reset connection concern.

Regards -SK

0 Kudos
Sam_Chang
Beginner

I double-check the clock/reset connection is connected 

the problem is still not solved 

0 Kudos
SengKok_L_Intel

Hi Sam,

The 10GBase KR PHY IP includes the feature of ethernet standards, when you run the PRBS test, it may cause the receiver to keep resetting.

To run the PHY PRBS test, it will be better if you can use the standalone Native PHY IP and configure it as 10G.

0 Kudos
Sam_Chang
Beginner

Hi,

So,I enable the HARD PRBS and Native PHY Debug Master Endpoint Support ,

it still can't run PRBS test, right?

THANKS!

Screenshot from 2020-12-22 08-53-37.png

0 Kudos
SengKok_L_Intel

Hi

If you can use the Native PHY IP will be a great help to narrow down the problem, you may use the 10G base R preset setting in Native PHY IP and then enable the PHY to debug the master port. This can help to rule out if there is any dependency on the BASR KR IP or any design connection relate problem.

Regards -SK

0 Kudos
SengKok_L_Intel

If further support is needed in this thread, please post a response within 15 days. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you with your follow-up questions. 

0 Kudos