Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
14952 Discussions

stratix10‘s power mananement and programmer

hitctrl2013
Beginner

i have followed the power management  userguide to set my smart VID, but i just use jtag usb blast to write my .sof to stratix10, but counter with some errors.

Device has stooped receiving configuration data 

Error message received from device ...

A PMBbus error has occurred ....

i am sure i have set the VID is right in quartus panel,because sometimes i can download the .sof into the chips through the quartus programmer with jtag. 

what 's going on ? how can i do to handler this?

i don't like to  power off and on the stratix10 if i want to write the sof through the jtag. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JohnT_Intel
Employee

HI,

May I know which particular Stratix 10 part are you using and which Quartus version are you using? May I know what is the setting used in the Power Management & VID?

Do you follow the guide from https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/support-resources/knowledge-base/ip/201...?