Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16606 Discussions

UpdateDriverForPlugAndPlayDevices

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am trying to install DE5-net board from Terasic on a machine having Intel Core i5-3470 CPU running Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1. 

I can flash the device (USB blaster driver is working) but if I try to install the PCI drivers for board using "aocl install" device, I get the following error: 

LOG ERROR(3): error e0000206, RETURN UpdateDriverForPlugAndPlayDevices. 

LOG ERROR(3): error e0000206, Installation failed. 

LOG ERROR(3): error e0000206, PnP Install failed. 

LOG ok: 1, Attempting to rollback ... 

LOG ok: 1, No devices to rollback 

LOG ok: 1, RETURN: DriverPackageInstallW (0xE0000206) 

LOG ok: 1, RETURN: DriverPackageInstallA (0xE0000206) 

difx_install_preinstall_inf: err e0000206, last event 3, last error e0000206. U 

NKNOWN 

Error: Failed trying to install the driver 

aocl install: failed. 

[/B][/B]I have tried re-installing Altera Quartus and OpenCl SDK (version 14.1) but the same error persists.  

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi there,  

We did a little research and found a thread that might be related to your case. Please refer to http://www.postseek.com/meta/68a0c8c5bab42d3bed9a95beef3dc341

Meanwhile please follow the steps below, assuming you've installed windriver successfully and you are now ready to install the board driver in aocl. 

1. Download the .sof file for OpenCL or execute the command aocl flash  

2. Reboot your PC 

3. Right click on My Computer -> Property -> Device Manager 

4. You should see a PCI device with exclamation mark, assuming it can be detected by Windows 

5. Right click on it and select Update Driver 

6. Point the directory of driver to de5net\windows64\driver\acl_boards.inf and see if it works 

Please give it a try and let us know how it goes.  

Thanks, 

David from Terasic
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi David,  

Sorry, I didnt see your reply earlier. I was in contact with Terasic support to solve this problem. But it is still not resolved after over a month of communication. The customer support said that it is a problem with by PCIe slot. So, I tried the same card (DE5-net) on another computer and got same error of UpdateDriverForPlugAndPlayDevices using the aocl install command.  

I have also tried installing it using the device manager, on both the systems (There is a PCI device shown in devices with exclamation mark). On first system the error was "The Install class is not present or invalid" and on the second system, the error is "The required section is not found in the INF". 

Is it possible that I have got a bad DE5-net card?  

Thanks
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi there, 

This is Bailey from the Terasic team. 

I have quickly checked with the team and they confirm that we now have an updated BSP where we modify the INF file to fix the error you encountered. Would you kindly try our updated BSP (listed under the "Resource" tab) to see if it helps?  

I can also be easily accessible at bailey@terasic.com. Simply drop me an email and we will start it from there.  

Thanks, 

Bailey
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I encounter the same error. Have you solved it? Could you give me some advice? 

Thanks. 

--- Quote Start ---  

Hi David,  

Sorry, I didnt see your reply earlier. I was in contact with Terasic support to solve this problem. But it is still not resolved after over a month of communication. The customer support said that it is a problem with by PCIe slot. So, I tried the same card (DE5-net) on another computer and got same error of UpdateDriverForPlugAndPlayDevices using the aocl install command.  

I have also tried installing it using the device manager, on both the systems (There is a PCI device shown in devices with exclamation mark). On first system the error was "The Install class is not present or invalid" and on the second system, the error is "The required section is not found in the INF". 

Is it possible that I have got a bad DE5-net card?  

Thanks 

--- Quote End ---  

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Hi there, 

This is Bailey from the Terasic team. 

I have quickly checked with the team and they confirm that we now have an updated BSP where we modify the INF file to fix the error you encountered. Would you kindly try our updated BSP (listed under the "Resource" tab) to see if it helps?  

I can also be easily accessible at bailey@terasic.com. Simply drop me an email and we will start it from there.  

Thanks, 

Bailey 

--- Quote End ---  

Hi Bailey, 

I tried the latest BSP(v16.0). But I still encounter the same error. Could you tell me how to solve it? 

Thanks.
0 Kudos