Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

What is the procedure for using package file in Platform Designer?

JRoth3
Beginner

Hi I am having an issue with package files in Platform Designer (Quartus 18.1). I am trying to create a new component in PD. My design consists of a number of vhdl files plus vhdl package files. I loaded all the files, including the package files, then ran "Analyze HDL Files". This produced the following error:

"Error: VHDL Use Clause error at Radent_Slave.vhd(37)": design lirary "dut_lib" does not contain primary unit "act_pkg" File: ../../../vhdl/Radnet_Slave.vhd Line: 37"

In order to debug the above error I copied the contents of the vhdl package to the top of each module file.But when I tried to load all the vhdl files without copying the package info into each module file I got the error above. So my question is:

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JRoth3
Beginner

Correction: In order to debug the above error, I copied the contents of the vhdl package to the top of each module file. This worked fine after running "Analyze HDL Files".

But when I tried to load all the vhdl files without copying the package info into each module file I got the error quoted above. Screen shot of the error is also included.

Please advise how to use vhdl package files in Package Designer. Thank you!

0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel
Hi JRoth3, Did you include the package in the HDL file? Example, use library_name.package_name.all Thanks.
0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi JRoth3,

Is there any updates?

Thanks.

0 Kudos