Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16603 Discussions

Where to find Quartus Prime Device Files

davethor
Beginner

I have just installed Quartus 20.1.0 (it's the latest my company is allowing).  In attempting to create a new project, Quartus says I must install device support files (Quartus Device Files, or .qdz ???).  Anyway, I can't find any "device files" or "qdz" files on the Intel site.  Where can I find these?  I'm looking specifically for the MAX10 10M16SA device.  Thanks for any feedback.

-Dave Thorson 

0 Kudos
9 Replies
davethor
Beginner

Nevermind.  I found them.  Just had to do more digging.  Shouldn't have been that difficult.

0 Kudos
andyherd
Beginner

Where did you have to install them? I have the same issue

0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

You choose the device installer from the Quartus Tools menu or from the Windows Start menu (standard Quartus installation).

0 Kudos
HelloMrPotter
Beginner

I need to find the .qdz files from the intel website or whatever cloud they are stashed

on. The installer seems to me is looking for the downloaded files. I need the download them first

but sure as heck can not find them with a google search.

Is it really that hard just to post a link to a library or GIT repository? Really?

0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

For future reference, just switch to "Individual Files" to find the .qdz files.

0 Kudos
ShengN_Intel
Employee

Hi ,

Looks like the issue has been resolved.
I'll now transition this thread to community support.
If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Sheng

0 Kudos
HelloMrPotter
Beginner

Doesn't seem resolved to me. device files were not downloaded with the install. How hard is it just to post a link

to the device files? A good answer is a pointer to a website. Anything else is substandard.

0 Kudos
ShengN_Intel
Employee
0 Kudos