Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

Where to get a free copy and license of Quartus, which supports Cyclone1?

Alex_S
Beginner

Hi,

I was digging into my archive and bringing Cubic Cyclonium back to day light.

Unfortunately where is no Quartus web pack SW anymore available in download section, which supports this cool piece of vintage hardware.

Any suggestions, how to bring new life into the Cyclone?

Thx a lot

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ak6dn
Valued Contributor III

I think you are out of luck at this point. If you go here:  https://fpgasoftware.intel.com/devices/
and select Cyclone Series you can see you need 11.0sp1 Lite/Web or 13.0sp1 Standard/Subscription to support the Cyclone I part.

Unfortunately 11.0sp1 Lite/Web is no longer available for download at Intel/Altera. If you click on 11.0sp1 under Lite/Web you will see is was discontinued as of 26 Mar 2020 and is no longer available for download.

13.0sp1 Subscription is still available for download but you will need to pay for a license from Intel/Altera. Not cheap.

So unless you can find some external website that has cached a copy of the 11.0sp1 Web Edition you are out of luck.

0 Kudos
Alex_S
Beginner

Thx, this is all in all the current situation, I wanted to describe.

Are there any legal source available, to get get older webpack versions?

BR

0 Kudos
ak6dn
Valued Contributor III

Legally you would have to obtain it from Intel/Altera.

I'm sure they still have all the files around but they are just no longer available on the public website.

You may need to contact an Intel FAE and see if they can do some kind of special deal for you.

They may or may not be responsive depending on if you are a good customer, or not.

0 Kudos