Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16597 Discussions

Why Pins assignments are not visible in Schematic

TRoa
New Contributor I

Hi,

I changed an existing schematic. I renamed few ports and reassigned to some FPGA pins and deleted many other ports. Some ports in schematic are showing the pin number that I assigned to them in pin planner, but others are not. Can any body please inform what to change in order to display all the pin assignments in schematic.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
benc
Beginner

Maybe try compiling the project.

0 Kudos
Abe
Valued Contributor II

After making any logic changes, you have to run the Analysis & Synthesis flow for the updated ports to show up in pin planner. Run the flow, then come back to the pin planner and check / assign the pins again.

0 Kudos
TRoa
New Contributor I

Unbent.jpg

0 Kudos
TRoa
New Contributor I

@Abe​ 

Actually in pin planner, every pin is visible. But in Schematic(bdf), some pin assignments are visible while others are not. Why some are visible and others are not. I have run the analysis process. Cleaned the QSF file. But still cant see the pin tags in Schematics for few ports. See the file in the attachment please.

Unbent.jpg

0 Kudos
Vicky1
Employee

Hi,

"Actually in pin planner, every pin is visible. But in Schematic(bdf), some pin assignments are visible while others are not."

Can you please provide following information?

1. what does this mean pins visible in schematic?
  2. provide screenshots of original & modified schematic (where some pins are not visible) window.

Best Regards

Vikas Jathar 

(This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation)

0 Kudos
TRoa
New Contributor I

@Vicky​ 

1) The pin tags, which means for example this net is connected to that pin number on FPGA. The tags, that are visible on schematic after we assign a particular net to a pin in pin planner.

2) Please see the screen shots provided on this thread in earlier posts. All the nets are connected in pin planner, but only few are visible in Schematic i.e PIN_23 and PIN_105.

0 Kudos