Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

Why are all my IP sim directories deleted when I compile my design?

GStre
New Contributor I

I updated to version 18.1 . When I compiled the design all my IP sim directories got deleted. I have to regenerate every IP component to get back the sim directory and the .spd ​file.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AndyN
New Contributor I

Does your IP definitely still have the "Create simulation model" option set in the updated project? If you aren't actually changing the IP too often, you could also set the project to never regenerate IP which should help...

0 Kudos
GStre
New Contributor I

Yes, always set to create Sim model. Sim directory and files are always generated when IP is generated or regenerated. It's the Quartus tools deleting them during a compile that's my issue. Wondering if this is related to the first compile since I updated from V18.0 to 18.1? Now that all the IP has been regenerated with sim directories under 18.1. I will recompile again to see what happens, after I make a back-up.

0 Kudos
GStre
New Contributor I

Still Broken after regenerating all IP components in 18.1. A recompile deletes all ​.spd files and sim directories.

0 Kudos
GStre
New Contributor I

Found problem, looks like in version 18 the default IP compilation settings where changed​ to regenerate IP during comilation but not to generate simulation IP. I changed it to never regenerate IP during compilation and to always generate simulation models when regenerating during compilation. Problem fixed....

0 Kudos