Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16802 Discussions

Why is there no delay in my synthesis results?

ErenYagar
Beginner

I am using Quartus II version 18, and I noticed that tutorial videos on YouTube show delays, but my design does not have any delays. Do I need to use clock constraints, or is there another way to achieve delay that conforms to the setup time and hold time requirements of normal flip-flops?

I kindly request the assistance of experienced individuals to help me with this issue. Thank you in advance.355223486_1074173130209412_7765768183250756973_n.jpg

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

A functional, RTL simulation will not show delays.  I'm not sure what you mean here with two different simulations "function" and "synthesis".  They're the same thing.  If you want to see delays in a simulation, you have to perform a post-fit, gate-level simulation.  But for typical design verification, use RTL simulation along with timing analysis.  For that, you need to create timing constraints in a .sdc file.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

A functional, RTL simulation will not show delays.  I'm not sure what you mean here with two different simulations "function" and "synthesis".  They're the same thing.  If you want to see delays in a simulation, you have to perform a post-fit, gate-level simulation.  But for typical design verification, use RTL simulation along with timing analysis.  For that, you need to create timing constraints in a .sdc file.

Nurina
Employee

Hello,

I’m glad that your question has been addressed, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, Feel free to open a new thread or login to ‘ https://supporttickets.intel.com ’, view details of the desire request, and post a feed/response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you on your follow-up questions.

If any answer from the community or Intel Support are helpful, feel free to rank your support experience by rating 4/5 survey. Please let me know of any inconvenience so that I may improve your future service experience.

Have a great day!

Best regards,

Nurina

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel Support are helpful, please feel free to give best answer or rate 4/5 survey.

0 Kudos