Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16593 Discussions

Why won't the altera floating point add sub ip synthesize?

PEgan
Novice

Tried including the altfp_add_sub ip core in my project but cannot synthesize it. Each time I attempt to do so I get the following message:

'Error (12006): Node instance "altfp_add_sub_component" instantiates undefined entity "altfp_add_sub". Ensure that required library paths are specified correctly, define the specified entity, or change the instantiation. If this entity represents Intel FPGA or third-party IP, generate the synthesis files for the IP.'

I have made no modifications to the output of the IP catalog. I am currently running Quartus 19.1 on Arch Linux

0 Kudos
1 Solution
PEgan
Novice

Turns out the design won't synthesize because I am using the free web edition of Quartus 19.1, while this IP is only available in the standard and pro editions. This is a bit confusing considering I am still prompted with the option to add Altera Floating Point IP. What makes this even more frustrating that I was only able to discover this after searching through the Floating point IP core documentation which itself isn't immediately available unless you go searching for it online.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
PEgan
Novice

Turns out the design won't synthesize because I am using the free web edition of Quartus 19.1, while this IP is only available in the standard and pro editions. This is a bit confusing considering I am still prompted with the option to add Altera Floating Point IP. What makes this even more frustrating that I was only able to discover this after searching through the Floating point IP core documentation which itself isn't immediately available unless you go searching for it online.

0 Kudos