Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16593 Discussions

a10_ref directory not available in installation

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have downloaded the Altera FPGA SDK 16.0 from download center which is about 20GB. 

I have installed Pro edition using setup_pro.sh which automatically installs the BSP for the Arria 10 device but I am not able to find the a10_Ref folder into installation.  

I am using CentOS. (3.10.0-514.el7.x86_64# 1 SMP Tue Nov 22 16:42:41 UTC 2016 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux) 

Can anyone help what I missed?
0 Kudos
9 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The BSP is by default installed in "*installaton_directory*/hld/board/a10_ref", are you sure it is not there?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

The BSP is by default installed in "*installaton_directory*/hld/board/a10_ref", are you sure it is not there? 

--- Quote End ---  

It is not there for sure. I have it installed on other PC but I don't why it is not being installed on this PC.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Okay, have you tried reinstalling, then? Or at least reinstalling the OpenCL SDK.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Okay, have you tried reinstalling, then? Or at least reinstalling the OpenCL SDK. 

--- Quote End ---  

Yes. I have reinstalled all things but still there is no a10_ref directory. However I got it by installing 16.1 version and I have no issue with using 16.1 version but this needs to be solved for 16.0. 

I have tried 16.0 on Ubuntu also, still I didn't get that directory. 

Is it installed by OpenCL SDK software?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I think it is. Maybe Altera didn't ship the BSP with 16.0.0. Have you tried updating to 16.0.2? In fact, you should always try to use the latest update for every major version (16.0.2, 16.1.2, 17.0.2, etc.)

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

I think it is. Maybe Altera didn't ship the BSP with 16.0.0. Have you tried updating to 16.0.2? In fact, you should always try to use the latest update for every major version (16.0.2, 16.1.2, 17.0.2, etc.) 

--- Quote End ---  

I have installed the updates of 16.0.2 Quartus and OpenCL but still there is no a10_ref directory. Can I use the that of 16.1 in 16.0?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Actually I checked my own installation of v16.0.2 and apparently the a10_ref BSP was not at all shipped with that version. I think that was because Arria 10 support was still in beta stage. I think my supervisor got the BSP from Altera. You can probably ask Altera directly for the BSP. The BSP from v16.1 will most likely not work since Quartus requires the BSP version to be exactly the same as the Quartus version.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Actually I checked my own installation of v16.0.2 and apparently the a10_ref BSP was not at all shipped with that version. I think that was because Arria 10 support was still in beta stage. I think my supervisor got the BSP from Altera. You can probably ask Altera directly for the BSP. The BSP from v16.1 will most likely not work since Quartus requires the BSP version to be exactly the same as the Quartus version. 

--- Quote End ---  

It works, I've copied Arria 10 BSP from 16.1 to 16.0. At first, it prompted error of version mismatch but after then I changed the version in board's xml and it worked.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Okay. I would expect further issues during compilation or FPGA execution, though. Altera probably had a good reason to enforce version matching.

0 Kudos