Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16597 Discussions

aoc compilation failed to compile a kernel.cl file?

PRaja3
Beginner

I tried to compile a OpenCL kernel file (.cl) with aoc file.cl -o file.aocx but it showed error like this

aoc: Running OpenCL parser.... aoc: Optimizing and doing static analysis of code... aoc: Optimizing and doing static analysis of code... Compiling for FPGA. This process may take a long time, please be patient. Error (170048): Selected device has 20774 RAM location(s) of type LAB. However, the current design needs more than 20774 to successfully fit Error: An error occurred during placement Error: Quartus Prime Fitter was unsuccessful. 2 errors, 595 warnings Error (293001): Quartus Prime Fitter was unsuccessful. 4 errors, 595 warnings Error (23031): Evaluation of Tcl script a10_partial_reconfig/flow.tcl unsuccessful Error: Quartus Prime Shell was unsuccessful. 9 errors, 4102 warnings

I am using Intel Arria 10 GX PAC with Acceleration stack 1.1, Intel FPGA SDK for OpenCL v17.1 and Quartus prime v17.1.

Please explain me this error and help me to resolve this error.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
HRZ
Valued Contributor III

>Error (170048): Selected device has 20774 RAM location(s) of type LAB. However, the current design needs more than 20774 to successfully fit

Your design requires more resources than are available on your target FPGA.