Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16557 Discussions

aoc error: Quartus is not on the path

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, I am using a De1-soc cyclone 5. I am a new user of the board and I have not been able to compile a kernel. I followed this document (https://www.altera.com/documentation/ewa1400875619714.html#ewa1400875828418) in order to install all the requiered programs and configure the environment variables but when I use the comand: 

aoc -march=emulator -v --board c5soc device/hello_world.cl -o bin/hello_world_emulation.aocx 

I get the error: 

aoc: Quartus is not on the path! 

aoc: Is it installed on your system and quartus bin directory added to PATH environment variable? 

Quartus is installed, in fact I downloaded the entire package Intel FPGA for OpenCL which includes Quartus, devices... 

I also added "C:\intelFPGA\16.1\quartus;C:\intelFPGA\16.1\quartus\bin64" to the PATH environment variable although this is not indicated in the document. What am I doing wrong? Thank you 

Juan.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Search for "quartus_map" and make sure the path it is located in is included in your environmental variables. You also seem to have an extra space in "C:\intelFPGA\16.1\quart us\bin64", though that might have gotten there during copy/paste in the topic.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thank you for the answer! The space was introduced accidentaly during the copy/paste. The archive quartus_map.exe is inside the folder "C:\intelFPGA\16.1\quartus\bin64" which is already included in the PATH environment variable. Any more suggestions?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

If you open cmd and type quartus_map and press enter, is the executable recognized? 

Did you add the path to the existing PATH environmental variable in "System variables" or did you add it to "User variables"?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Yes, it is recognized and I can see the process executing in the windows task manager. 

I added it in both. Thanks for the help
0 Kudos