Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

aoc error: Quartus is not on the path

Hello, I am using a De1-soc cyclone 5. I am a new user of the board and I have not been able to compile a kernel. I followed this document (https://www.altera.com/documentation/ewa1400875619714.html#ewa1400875828418) in order to install all the requiered programs and configure the environment variables but when I use the comand: 

aoc -march=emulator -v --board c5soc device/hello_world.cl -o bin/hello_world_emulation.aocx 

I get the error: 

aoc: Quartus is not on the path! 

aoc: Is it installed on your system and quartus bin directory added to PATH environment variable? 

Quartus is installed, in fact I downloaded the entire package Intel FPGA for OpenCL which includes Quartus, devices... 

I also added "C:\intelFPGA\16.1\quartus;C:\intelFPGA\16.1\quartus\bin64" to the PATH environment variable although this is not indicated in the document. What am I doing wrong? Thank you 

Juan.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

Search for "quartus_map" and make sure the path it is located in is included in your environmental variables. You also seem to have an extra space in "C:\intelFPGA\16.1\quart us\bin64", though that might have gotten there during copy/paste in the topic.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

Thank you for the answer! The space was introduced accidentaly during the copy/paste. The archive quartus_map.exe is inside the folder "C:\intelFPGA\16.1\quartus\bin64" which is already included in the PATH environment variable. Any more suggestions?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

If you open cmd and type quartus_map and press enter, is the executable recognized? 

Did you add the path to the existing PATH environmental variable in "System variables" or did you add it to "User variables"?
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

Yes, it is recognized and I can see the process executing in the windows task manager. 

I added it in both. Thanks for the help