Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)

channel depth

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

When I set channel depth,  

channel float ch __attribute__((depth(0))); 

when the depth is 0, how the compiler handles it ? What is the final depth of channel?  

Thanks!
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You can see the final depth of the channel in the area report. The compiler pretty much always increases the depth compared to what you set in the code, unless when you have a cycle of channels in which case the compiler will exactly use the depth that you set in your code. For depth(0), my understanding is that the channel will basically turn into a "wire".

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

You can see the final depth of the channel in the area report. The compiler pretty much always increases the depth compared to what you set in the code, unless when you have a cycle of channels in which case the compiler will exactly use the depth that you set in your code. For depth(0), my understanding is that the channel will basically turn into a "wire". 

--- Quote End ---  

Hi, thanks for your reply! What's the name of "area report"?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Please refer to "Intel FPGA SDK for OpenCL Best Practices Guide, Section 2" for details of where the area report is located and how to use it.

0 Kudos