Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16596 Discussions

different behavior for the same project after synthesis&compile

lambert_yu
Beginner

Hi all,

I face one strange problem:

For the same project, use the same quartus software, but after synthesis & compile, I got some .jic file, but for some .jic, the behavior is abnormal on board.

In this project, there is transceiver, ddr and so on, for the abnormal .jic file, the output of transceiver is not correct though reset or re-poweron; After next syntheis & compile, the output of transceiver is correct. For these .jic, there is no timing slack whithin this part (transceiver & ddr), so I want to make sure which causes this problem, could someone hlep me?

fpga : 10ax115n2f45e1sg

quartus : pro 16.0

Brs,

Lambert

0 Kudos
3 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Without seeing any results or a project or any design files or the exact steps you've followed, there's not much that can be done here.  Supply some more information on exactly what is going on and maybe some files or code or something.

0 Kudos
lambert_yu
Beginner

Hi,

About company's confidentially principle, I could not provide any RTL code. About Compile flow : follow analysis&synthesis -> fitter->assembler->timequest;  I make sure that the RTL is same and most of .jic file can run normally on debug board, some .jic file is not okay.

0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

OK, but without posting any of the design or compiler messages or timing reports (working and non-working) or any information at all, nobody can really help you.

0 Kudos