Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16594 Discussions

error opening quartus or compiling opencl files as This is happening with Quartus 19.1. Any env variable I am missing? quartus: error while loading shared libraries: libxerces-c-3.2.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

mvemp
Novice

0 Kudos
11 Replies
MPetr24
Beginner

Same here, which distro are you using? Mine is: Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation release 7.4 (Maipo), which should be fully supported as far as I know...

0 Kudos
mvemp
Novice

I am using Ubuntu 16.04.

0 Kudos
Abe
Valued Contributor II

Download and install the following package and then try:

https://rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/search.php?query=libxerces-c-3.2.so()(64bit)

Make sure you choose the right package for the Distro.

0 Kudos
MPetr24
Beginner

Thank you,

I was for downloading the package when I realized that there isn't any package for my distro (Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation release 7.4).

I then tried to look inside Red Hat repository and found that only version 3.1.1-9 of the package is available...

Any suggestion?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Abe
Valued Contributor II

You can try the following:

cd ~/opt wget http://apache.forsale.plus//xerces/c/3/sources/xerces-c-3.2.0.tar.gz tar -xzvf xerces-c-3.2.0.tar.gz mkdir -p xerces-c-3.2.0-build cd xerces-c-3.2.0-build cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=~/opt ../xerces-c-3.2.0 make make install

Or just try installing the package for Fedora and see if it helps. This should not cause issues as this package is mostly used by Quartus alone.

0 Kudos
TRoux
Beginner

The right access of the libxerces-c-3.2.so delivered with Quartus 19.1 are wrong. To fix it:

chmod 555 $QUARTUS_ROOTDIR/linux64/libxerces-c-3.2.so

Same issue with libpython3.so:

chmod 555 $QUARTUS_ROOTDIR/linux64/libpython3.so

MPetr24
Beginner

fixed!

Thank you for your help!

0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan
Hi, can provide the full error message? And the OS that you were using? I want to document this. Thanks
0 Kudos
TRoux
Beginner

Hi,

The message was "quartus: error while loading shared libraries: libxerces-c-3.2.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory".

I think that you get this message when you install Quartus as root and try to launch Quartus 19.1 as a "simple user" which is not in the same group as root.

I'm using CentOS Linux release 7.6.1810 (Core).

Best Regards,

Thierry

0 Kudos
dsam0
Beginner

Hi,

Seems to have permission issue on linux64 (lib files), To fix it:

Enter into root folder

quartus/linux64$ sudo chmod 555 *lib*

am using Ubuntu 16.04 (64 Bit).

Best Regards,

Dinesh