Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16597 Discussions

getting error "Error (16031): Current Internal Configuration mode does not support memory initialization or ROM. Select Internal Configuration mode with ERAM" while compiling NCO IP core with MAX10-16MDAF device.

DJiva
Beginner

I am using MAX10-10M16DAF256 device. I need redundant image copy hence selected dual compressed image mode in device configuration. I had configured NCO ip core and instantiated in top file. While compiling getting error "Error (16031): Current Internal Configuration mode does not support memory initialization or ROM. Select Internal Configuration mode with ERAM". I know, If I change configuration mode to single compressed/uncompressed with memory initialization then error will gone but I want dual compressed mode anyway so I cant change configuration mode. Is there any different way to resolve this error message.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AnandRaj_S_Intel
Employee

Hi,

1. The ERAM preload is disabled when you select the dual configuration images mode.
  2. When the ERAM preload feature is set to OFF, features that require initialization of onchip RAM will not work.

The ERAM preload option is set to OFF by default.

Selecting Single Compressed Image with Memory Initialization or Single Uncompressed Image with Memory Initialization configuration mode will enable the ERAM Preload option but will reduce the size of UFM available.So we have same solution as you mentioned.

Regards

Anand

0 Kudos
yann12
Beginner

Hi, I try to configure a double port RAM on the DE10-Lite Board (10M50DCF484C7G) with a .mif file.

But the problem is when I synthesize the whole thing, I get an error : 

"16031 current internal configuration mode does not support memory initialization or rom. select internal configuration mode with eram.

But... when i go into Device->Device and Pin Options->Configuration->Configuration Mode, i only see 2 options : 

1. Single Compressed Image 

2. Single Uncompressed Image  

I do not see the option "Single uncompressed image with Memory Initialization" which would make the error above go away.

I try it on teh 15.1 and 18.0 version, same issue...

Is there a solution to configure a mif file on this kind of board ?

Thanks for your help

Yann

0 Kudos