Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16596 Discussions

how to capture data to file

jjang
Beginner
Target Device : Max10 (10M50SAE144I7N)

Sampling Clock : 40Mhz
Required period : 5ms or over

i tried ram size maximum 128k @ 3ms under

so is there any way how to capture data over 1ms
0 Kudos
1 Solution
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

No.  To capture more data in the existing buffer, use data qualification to store only the relevant samples.  For example, if signals don't transition for a number of clock cycles, there's no need to keep all of those data samples.  Use data qualification as essentially a write enable to the buffer.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RichardTanSY_Intel

I don't quite understand the issue. May I know what is the problem you are facing?

For best data acquisition, specify a global, non-gated clock that is synchronous to the signals under test.

Refer to the Timing Analysis section of the Compilation Report for the maximum frequency of the logic analyzer clock.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/docs/programmable/683819/22-1/specifying-the-clock-sample-depth-and.html

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel Support are helpful, please feel free to give best answer or rate 9/10 survey.

0 Kudos
jjang
Beginner

i wanna Capture Data for 10ms (@ posedge 40Mhz Clock)

but Signal Tap Sample depth maximum Setting is  128K.

at that time  data length  ≒ 2.87ms (≒ 3.28ms).

i wanna capture more long... is there any way capture depth more longer? 

settings.pngMax.png

0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

No.  To capture more data in the existing buffer, use data qualification to store only the relevant samples.  For example, if signals don't transition for a number of clock cycles, there's no need to keep all of those data samples.  Use data qualification as essentially a write enable to the buffer.

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Do you have the answer to your question? Do you need further help in regards to this case?

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Thanks for acknowledge the solution provided. 

I’m glad that your question has been addressed, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, Please login to ‘https://supporttickets.intel.com’, view details of the desire request, and post a feed/response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you on your follow-up questions.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Richard Tan

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel Support are helpful, please feel free to give best answer or rate 9/10 survey.

0 Kudos