Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

how to find the area in slices and the frequency in MHz

ahmedhs
Beginner

Is there a way to find the area and frequency after compiling a code?

If there is how?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ak6dn
Valued Contributor III

After you are done compiling, look in your design directory.

The DESIGN.fit.rpt will give you the exact usage summary of logic cells, memory, I/O, etc.

The DESIGN.sta.rpt will give you the timing analysis, predicting the maximum clock rate of the design, and worst case critical paths.

0 Kudos
ahmedhs
Beginner

Thank you for your response  

But I also want to ask when I open those files do I need to calculate something to get the area and frequency or is it written directly 

I uploaded the files if that would help you answer

0 Kudos
ak6dn
Valued Contributor III

The info is right in the reports. Do you not see it?
Maximum frequency is displayed at the worst case corner (184.2 MHz).
Percentage utilization of chip resources (2% of logic, no memory used).

What else are you looking for?

In the .sta.txt timing report is this table:

+-------------------------------------------------+
; Slow 1100mV 85C Model Fmax Summary              ;
+-----------+-----------------+------------+------+
; Fmax      ; Restricted Fmax ; Clock Name ; Note ;
; 184.2 MHz ; 184.2 MHz       ; clk        ;      ;

In the .fit.tx report is the table:

+---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
; Fitter Summary                                                                        ;
+-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------+
; Fitter Status                       ; Successful - Sat May 14 18:07:14 2022           ;
; Quartus II 64-Bit Version           ; 13.0.1 Build 232 06/12/2013 SP 1 SJ Web Edition ;
; Revision Name                       ; sha3                                            ;
; Top-level Entity Name               ; keccak                                          ;
; Family                              ; Cyclone V                                       ;
; Device                              ; 5CGXFC7C7F23C8                                  ;
; Timing Models                       ; Final                                           ;
; Logic utilization (in ALMs)         ; 1,110 / 56,480 ( 2 % )                          ;
; Total registers                     ; 1683                                            ;
; Total pins                          ; 135 / 268 ( 50 % )                              ;
; Total virtual pins                  ; 0                                               ;
; Total block memory bits             ; 0 / 7,024,640 ( 0 % )                           ;
; Total DSP Blocks                    ; 0 / 156 ( 0 % )                                 ;
; Total HSSI RX PCSs                  ; 0 / 6 ( 0 % )                                   ;
; Total HSSI PMA RX Deserializers     ; 0 / 6 ( 0 % )                                   ;
; Total HSSI PMA RX ATT Deserializers ; 0                                               ;
; Total HSSI TX PCSs                  ; 0 / 6 ( 0 % )                                   ;
; Total HSSI PMA TX Serializers       ; 0 / 6 ( 0 % )                                   ;
; Total HSSI PMA TX ATT Serializers   ; 0 / 6 ( 0 % )                                   ;
; Total PLLs                          ; 0 / 13 ( 0 % )                                  ;
; Total DLLs                          ; 0 / 4 ( 0 % )                                   ;
+-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------+

0 Kudos
ahmedhs
Beginner

Thank you so much 

That was my mistake I didn't see it

Your answer was good enough I don't need anything else for now

Again thank you so much

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

I’m glad that your question has been addressed. With that, I will now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

Best Regards,

Richard Tan

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel support are helpful, please feel free to give Kudos. 

0 Kudos