Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
15046 Discussions

post-configuration BSDL files for Flex 10K Family

DAC
Beginner

I need assistance generating post-configuration BSDL files for the legacy Intel/Altera Flex 10K family of FPGAs.  I found a “BSDL_FAQs” document on Intel’s website that has a description below of their “BSDLCustomizer” tool used for generating post-configuration BSDL files.  The Flex 10K family is not listed as a device type supported by this tool.

DAC_0-1606259142321.jpeg

I have compiled the firmware in Quartus 9.0 which supports the FLEX10K device family and has a post-configuration BSDL writer capability.  When I try to run the BSDL writer on the project, I get this message:

DAC_1-1606259142328.jpeg

The warning message is "Device family does not support board-level Boundary-Scan Description Language file generation".  As a result, no post-configuration BSDL file is generated.

Does Intel have a tool that can be used to generate post-configuration files for the FLEX 10K and 10KA FPGAs?   I have the pre-configuration BSDL files.  How can I generate post-configuration files for these devices?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Sir,

Apologize that we do not have tool to generate that can be used to generate post-configuration files.

Since "BSDLCustomizer” tool is not supporting FLEX 10K and 10KA FPGAs, thus we cant generate post-configuration BSDL file.

Thank You