Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16593 Discussions

post simulation in quartus does not support cyclone V???

jihunmoon
Beginner

hi, i want to use post synthesis simulation (such as gate level simulation) in quartus.

I need sdo file from quartus to open in modelsim. But  I couldn't make sdo file and use this function with cyclone V in quartus. I read the quartus user guide and it said that post simulation doesn't support cyclone V. So I made sdo file and open it in modelsim with cycloen IV device.

I have a question. I think many people use cyclone V device, so is there a  no way to use post simulation with cyclone V device?? 

I 'm not saying about timing analysis in quartus. I'm saying about the post-sim using quartus and modelsim. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Kenny_Tan

The reason that we drop the post fit timing analysis in modelsim is the simulation take too long.

So, user have to rely on timing analyzer to do the timing analysis. We are sorry to inform that

0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

any further help needed on this?

0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

We do not receive any response from you to the previous question that we have provided. Please post a response in the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you with your follow-up questions. 

0 Kudos