Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)

quartus 2 is closing

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I try to open new project wizard but when I click to new project wizard my quartus close  

Can any one help me
0 Kudos
10 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

First check your hard disk whether got error or not by right click local disk c>properties>Tools tab>Disk checking. 

Second, after make sure no error on hard disk, restart your pc because windows auto update that require you restart your computer can cause you this issue. 

Third, reinstall quartus after done both the steps above. 

Many people simply start with step 3, and in the end the most common thing happen is corrupted hard disk usage wasting time at troubleshooting uninstall and install there especially on mechanical hard drive. 

Best Regards, 

Tzi Khang, Lim 

(This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation)
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I assume you tried multiplr times, but can you tell us your os?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

I assume you tried multiplr times, but can you tell us your os? 

--- Quote End ---  

my os is windows 8.1
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

And it only fails at opening the new project wizard or at a given point? also what is your Quartus version?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

And it only fails at opening the new project wizard or at a given point? also what is your Quartus version? 

--- Quote End ---  

yes, I succesful start quartus, there is no problem but when I try to open a project, quartus closes itself. 2 months ago my operating system had been renewed. After that, this problem occurred. I used it before. Quartus version is Quartus 2 64-bit version build 200 web edition
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

So you cannot open a project either. Interesting. I agree with what has been said earlier and suggest you try to reinstall.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

So you cannot open a project either. Interesting. I agree with what has been said earlier and suggest you try to reinstall. 

--- Quote End ---  

thank you so much ..
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

For extra information that I fixed recently. The auto update from Sept Win8.1 and Win10 especially Win10 from local account login and convert into Microsoft account, if you change your account username when there is update&shut down and update&restart. It is not just Quartus cannot run, it will include the file explorer, start menu, and all the programs in start menu including powershell and admin tools all are considered spoiled, you will have to update the regedit each program username 1 by 1 for few days, otherwise create a new account name just 5 minutes. 

In depth, you still can run all the programs from root folder, but they have no permission to create any files in your hard disk neither start from program shortcut. This is the security patch bug since then I believed. 

Best Regards, 

Tzi Khang, Lim 

(This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation)
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

It is not just Quartus cannot run, it will include the file explorer, start menu, and all the programs in start menu including powershell and admin tools all are considered spoiled, you will have to update the regedit each program username 1 by 1 for few days 

--- Quote End ---  

Could you elaborate on which keys to change at which entries?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Update Windows profile windows nt in regedit will fix Quartus since Quartus do not reg username in regedit. But, using auto logon will be a problem again. Reinstall will fix problem if not of this changing username problem in the thread.

0 Kudos