Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16593 Discussions

relative paths in modelsim projects

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi all,  

I am using clearcase dynamic views, so i frequently open modelsim projects e.g. on Drive Y:, when it was originally created on a different Drive, e.g. Y: . 

Unfortunately, when the modelsim project is created, it will save absolute paths to the source files (e.g. y:\blah\blah.vhd). 

Is there some way to make modelsim use relative paths (e.g. ..\blah\blah.vhd)? Then i could place the project on any drive and it would still work.  

Of course i could just edit the .mpf-File manually in a text-editor, but there are several reasons why i don't want to do it this way.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

When you add source files to the project you could give the relative path to the files in the "Add files to Project" dialog. If you do the paths in the .mpf will be relative. Hopefully there is a more convenient way of doing it but I do not know.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

i think Altera NativeLink generated ModelSim .do files also use absolute paths. i normally just do a find/replace to change to relative paths

0 Kudos
GSica
Beginner

You should simply edit your .mpf file to modify the path in relative to the mpf file. That's all!

0 Kudos
MLock6
Beginner

Unfortunately next time modelsim saves the mpf it puts back the full path name

0 Kudos
Andrew-Shen
Beginner

This work for me. Thanks!

0 Kudos