Intel® SoC FPGA Embedded Development Suite
Support for SoC FPGA Software Development, SoC FPGA HPS Architecture, HPS SoC Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems
444 Discussions

An issue during Linaro bare-metal toolchain installation

Rainwang
New Contributor II

I  try to install the SOC EDS and ARM DS on windows OS per the instructions on below link: 

https://rocketboards.org/foswiki/Documentation/SoCEDS#Starting_Embedded_Command_Sh_AN1

what i have installed on my laptop:

Quartus pro 21.4

SOC EDS ProSetup-20.1.0.177-windows

ARM DS 2021.1

Cygwin

MingGW

and i am installing the Linaro Bare-metal Toolchain now.  i tried several times, the shell always stopped with below information appears, i waited for 5 hours but the screen didn't update.

i don't know it has been installed or blocked by something, no information told me installation over. 

i also attached the total logs for your information, pls help to have a look and tell me how to do the next step, thanks in advance.

=== configuring in libnosys (/c/intelFPGA_pro/20.1/embedded/host_tools/linaro/newlib-cygwin/build/arm-eabi/libgloss/libnosys)
configure: running /bin/sh ../../../../libgloss/libnosys/configure --disable-option-checking '--prefix=/usr/local' '--with-newlib' '--with-cross-host=i686-pc-mingw32' '--disable-newlib-supplied-syscalls' '--disable-multilib' '--program-transform-name=s&^&arm-eabi-&' '--with-target-subdir=arm-eabi' '--build=i686-pc-mingw32' '--host=arm-eabi' '--target=arm-eabi' 'build_alias=i686-pc-mingw32' 'host_alias=arm-eabi' 'target_alias=arm-eabi' --cache-file=.././config.cache --srcdir=../../../../libgloss/libnosys
configure: loading cache .././config.cache
checking build system type... (cached) i686-pc-mingw32
checking host system type... (cached) arm-unknown-eabi
checking target system type... (cached) arm-unknown-eabi
checking for a BSD-compatible install... /bin/install -c
checking for symbol prefix... none
checking for style of include used by make... GNU
checking for gcc... (cached) arm-eabi-gcc -B/c/intelFPGA_pro/20.1/embedded/host_tools/linaro/newlib-cygwin/build/arm-eabi/newlib/ -isystem /c/intelFPGA_pro/20.1/embedded/host_tools/linaro/newlib-cygwin/build/arm-eabi/newlib/targ-include -isystem /c/intelFPGA_pro/20.1/embedded/host_tools/linaro/newlib-cygwin/newlib/libc/include -B/c/intelFPGA_pro/20.1/embedded/host_tools/linaro/newlib-cygwin/build/arm-eabi/libgloss/arm -L/c/intelFPGA_pro/20.1/embedded/host_tools/linaro/newlib-cygwin/build/arm-eabi/libgloss/libnosys -L/c/intelFPGA_pro/20.1/embedded/host_tools/linaro/newlib-cygwin/libgloss/arm
checking dependency style of arm-eabi-gcc -B/c/intelFPGA_pro/20.1/embedded/host_tools/linaro/newlib-cygwin/build/arm-eabi/newlib/ -isystem /c/intelFPGA_pro/20.1/embedded/host_tools/linaro/newlib-cygwin/build/arm-eabi/newlib/targ-include -isystem /c/intelFPGA_pro/20.1/embedded/host_tools/linaro/newlib-cygwin/newlib/libc/include -B/c/intelFPGA_pro/20.1/embedded/host_tools/linaro/newlib-cygwin/build/arm-eabi/libgloss/arm -L/c/intelFPGA_pro/20.1/embedded/host_tools/linaro/newlib-cygwin/build/arm-eabi/libgloss/libnosys -L/c/intelFPGA_pro/20.1/embedded/host_tools/linaro/newlib-cygwin/libgloss/arm ... (cached) gcc3
checking whether we are using GNU C... (cached) yes
checking whether arm-eabi-gcc -B/c/intelFPGA_pro/20.1/embedded/host_tools/linaro/newlib-cygwin/build/arm-eabi/newlib/ -isystem /c/intelFPGA_pro/20.1/embedded/host_tools/linaro/newlib-cygwin/build/arm-eabi/newlib/targ-include -isystem /c/intelFPGA_pro/20.1/embedded/host_tools/linaro/newlib-cygwin/newlib/libc/include -B/c/intelFPGA_pro/20.1/embedded/host_tools/linaro/newlib-cygwin/build/arm-eabi/libgloss/arm -L/c/intelFPGA_pro/20.1/embedded/host_tools/linaro/newlib-cygwin/build/arm-eabi/libgloss/libnosys -L/c/intelFPGA_pro/20.1/embedded/host_tools/linaro/newlib-cygwin/libgloss/arm accepts -g... (cached) no
checking for arm-eabi-ranlib... (cached) arm-eabi-ranlib
configure: updating cache .././config.cache
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
Adding multilib support to Makefile in ../../../../libgloss/libnosys
with_multisubdir=
config.status: creating config.h
config.status: executing depfiles commands

0 Kudos
6 Replies
EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

Hi,

I assume you have followed all the steps for Windows, and correct me if I am wrong, that you are facing issue when executing installer "./install_linaro.sh"?

Have you tried running your "/msys.bat" as administrator?

0 Kudos
Rainwang
New Contributor II

yes, you are right.

i follow up the instructions step by step.

1. Run C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\msys.bat as an administrator.

2. In the Msys console, go to linaro folder:

For 20.1 Pro:

cd c:/intelFPGA_pro/20.1/embedded/host_tools/linaro

3. Run the installer:

./install_linaro.sh

4. Linaro toolchain will be downloaded, and newlib library will be downloaded and compiled.

5. Upon succesfull completion, the following will be installed in the linaro folder:

and after these steps done, i waitted for serveral hours, the installer screen stopped without any information to inform me the installation completed, you can see the information details i attached in the first post.

and i checked 2 folders appeared in the path( C:\intelFPGA_pro\20.1\embedded\host_tools\linaro)

one is gcc, the other is newlib-cygwin.

pls tell me how can i know the installation is successfully completed? 

i also attached the printed screen after i start the EDS command shell for your reference.

捕获.PNG

0 Kudos
EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

Hi,

Upon successful, it will reach 100% download , the size is around 500MB++, once finished it will be back to the Msys console prompt.

Can you share the Msys prompt console logs/screenshot when executing the linaro installation script.?

0 Kudos
Rainwang
New Contributor II

pls see the log.txt in attachment, I copied the whole Msys prompt console logs/screenshot into it FYI.

0 Kudos
EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

Hi,

I did not get any issue on mine, have you tried a new install and follow the installation thoroughly?

May I know what is your Windows version?

0 Kudos
EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

Hi,

Do you have update upon the clean re-installation?

0 Kudos