Intel® SoC FPGA Embedded Development Suite
Support for SoC FPGA Software Development, SoC FPGA HPS Architecture, HPS SoC Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems
445 Discussions

DE10-Standard : Accessing HPS I2C bus from outside

ETang2
Beginner

Hello, i would like to connect an external I2C sensor to the HPS I2C bus to access it from HPS. I look carefully the DE10-Standard documentation about this but i'm a little confused. I think i can connect through the LTC port using pin 9 and 11 ? Accessing it through the built in i2c linux kernel driver using /dev/i2c-0 ?

Thanks.

Eric

0 Kudos
1 Solution
EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

Hi Eric,

I am not sure which pins you are referring to, but yes you can connect and access them from HPS, but you need to connect to the right pins, please check your schematic diagram which has the I2C pins available.

Also, you need to make sure the I2C pins are "routed to HPS" in Platform Designer.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

Hi Eric,

I am not sure which pins you are referring to, but yes you can connect and access them from HPS, but you need to connect to the right pins, please check your schematic diagram which has the I2C pins available.

Also, you need to make sure the I2C pins are "routed to HPS" in Platform Designer.

0 Kudos
ETang2
Beginner

Hi and thanks for the help.

If i refer to the platform designer used : 

ETang2_0-1643182528776.png

If i understand well only the first (Set 0) I2C controller is activated and used I2C0 and I2C1 pins 

ETang2_1-1643182746513.png

But how to put these pins outside (GPIO) to connect a sensor from outside ?

Best regards

Eric

0 Kudos
ETang2
Beginner

Hi and thanks.

Eric

0 Kudos