Intel® SoC FPGA Embedded Development Suite
Support for SoC FPGA Software Development, SoC FPGA HPS Architecture, HPS SoC Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems

DKSOC1SSXHA related question

Ramin
Beginner

Couple of weeks ago I received this development board with 1SX280HU2F50E1VGAS fpga on it. In few days (time is short) I need to build a sample system which contains sodimm, dma and qfsp components. Basically to transfer the data from the dram to host through Qfsp.

Do you have any example which I can run, containing these components?

Any help is appreciated.

Ramin

0 Kudos
3 Replies
BoonT_Intel

Hi Sir,

Sound like your host is connecting to the FPGA through QSFP (ethernet)? But not the PCIe?

All the available reference design is the PCIe DMA which can obtain from the design store as below. But I don’t think there is any reference design for DMA using ethernet.

0 Kudos
Ramin
Beginner

Thanks BoonT,

On the PCIe even that is a major challenge since non of them are compatible with S1X280HU2F50E1VGAS H tile.

On similar Stratix pcie examples I found them using hard IP and not getting updated and useful. I might be missing something there.

On the QFSP, I don't believe it is ethernet. It is an optical communication and for that I do have an example but the code doesn't have host configuration logic, it is for self test.

Is there any document I can read, preferable quick start or cookbook so I can run at least one experiment with this kit?

Thanks

0 Kudos
BoonT_Intel

Hi Ramin,

There are a lot of FPGA package, it is unlikely we can have the reference design for all package, perhaps you can migrate it to your desired part number (OPN) and start from there.

If it is optical communication, I doubt that we have any IP for this solution. Perhaps you need to develop yourself.

Or you can try to refer to Intel FPGA IP list and see if any of it suit your needs. You may check the available IP listed here:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/programmable/intellectual-property.html#:~:text=The%20Intel%C2%AE%20FPGA%20Intellectual,application's%20performance%20and%20IP%20strategies.&text=All%20of%20these%20are%20available,Quartus%C2%AE%20Prime%20Design%20Software.

I am sorry to say that there is no direct solution for you. Maybe I will advise you to contact the third-party developer and get the help there.

Thanks.

0 Kudos