cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Novice

Error building examples: 'make test-fpga' fails with missing -lgcc and -lgcc_s

The output is here:

```

vsim -dpioutoftheblue 1 -sv_lib /home/edhenderson/intelFPGA_pro/20.1/hls/host/linux64/lib/libhls_cosim_msim32 -L work -L work_lib -L altera_ver -L lpm_ver -L sgate_ver -L altera_mf_ver -L altera_lnsim_ver -L twentynm_ver -L twentynm_hssi_ver -L twentynm_hip_ver -L altera -L lpm -L sgate -L altera_mf -L altera_lnsim -L twentynm -L twentynm_hssi -L twentynm_hip -L avalon_conduit_fanout_10 -L resize_ir_cfan -L avalon_concatenate_singlebit_conduits_10 -L cat_done -L resize_osacat -L hls_sim_stream_source_dpi_bfm_10 -L sso_resize_original_image -L hls_sim_main_dpi_controller_10 -L main_dpi_controller -L cat_cwfsw -L hls_sim_component_dpi_controller_10 -L dpic_resize -L sso_resize_ratio -L hls_sim_clock_reset_10 -L clock_reset -L sso_resize_rows -L resize_en_cfan -L avalon_split_multibit_conduit_10 -L sp_cstart -L sso_resize_cols -L resize_cfan -L resize_internal_10 -L resize -L hls_sim_stream_sink_dpi_bfm_10 -L ssi_resize_resized_image -L altera_irq_mapper_1920 -L tb tb.tb 

# Start time: 15:53:04 on Jun 13,2020

# ** Fatal: (vsim-3827) Could not compile 'export_tramp.so': cmd = '/home/edhenderson/intelFPGA_pro/20.1/gcc/bin/gcc  -shared -fPIC -m32 -B/usr/lib32 -g -I. -I"/home/edhenderson/intelFPGA_pro/20.1/modelsim_ase/include" -I"/home/edhenderson/intelFPGA_pro/20.1/modelsim_ase/../oem/include" -o "/tmp/edhenderson@bondinorthbu_dpi_14286/linuxaloem_gcc-9.1.0/export_tramp.so" "/tmp/edhenderson@bondinorthbu_dpi_14286/linuxaloem_gcc-9.1.0/export_tramp.S"'

# (vsim-50) A call to system(/home/edhenderson/intelFPGA_pro/20.1/gcc/bin/gcc  -shared -fPIC -m32 -B/usr/lib32 -g -I. -I"/home/edhenderson/intelFPGA_pro/20.1/modelsim_ase/include" -I"/home/edhenderson/intelFPGA_pro/20.1/modelsim_ase/../oem/include" -o "/tmp/edhenderson@bondinorthbu_dpi_14286/linuxaloem_gcc-9.1.0/export_tramp.so" "/tmp/edhenderson@bondinorthbu_dpi_14286/linuxaloem_gcc-9.1.0/export_tramp.S" >'/tmp/questatmp.cGbztW' 2>&1) returned error code '1'.

# The logfile contains the following messages:

# /home/edhenderson/intelFPGA_pro/20.1/gcc/bin/../lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/9.1.0/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /home/edhenderson/intelFPGA_pro/20.1/gcc/bin/../lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/9.1.0/libgcc.a when searching for -lgcc

# /home/edhenderson/intelFPGA_pro/20.1/gcc/bin/../lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/9.1.0/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: cannot find -lgcc

# /home/edhenderson/intelFPGA_pro/20.1/gcc/bin/../lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/9.1.0/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: cannot find -lgcc_s

# collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

```

I've installed, and re-installed the tools, including Modelsim. I've tried starter and FPGA edition (no license though).

I've sourced init_hls.sh of course. Here is my PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH

```

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/edhenderson/intelFPGA_pro/20.1/gcc/lib64:/home/edhenderson/intelFPGA_pro/20.1/hls/host/linux64/lib:/home/edhenderson/intelFPGA_pro/20.1/modelsim_ae/gcc-4.7.4-linux/lib

PATH=/home/edhenderson/intelFPGA_pro/20.1/modelsim_ase/bin:/home/edhenderson/intelFPGA_pro/20.1/qsys/bin:/home/edhenderson/intelFPGA_pro/20.1/gcc/bin:/home/edhenderson/intelFPGA_pro/20.1/hls/bin:/home/edhenderson/intelFPGA_pro/20.1/qsys/bin:/home/edhenderson/intelFPGA_pro/20.1/quartus/bin:/home/edhenderson/intelFPGA_pro/20.1/quartus/sopc_builder/bin:/home/edhenderson/bin:/home/edhenderson/bin/:/home/edhenderson/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games:/usr/local/games:/snap/bin

```

I've tried adding that last part of LD_LIBRARY_PATH: /home/edhenderson/intelFPGA_pro/20.1/modelsim_ae/gcc-4.7.4-linux/lib

but does not help or hurt.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Error building examples: 'make test-fpga' fails with missing -lgcc and -lgcc_s

Hi

Would like to know whether you were able to run the compile on any other version of HLS,

Can you try the same with 19.1 version also , so that we can rule out any version specific issues , and also rule out any issue with the setup.

Thanks and Regards

Anil

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re:Error building examples: 'make test-fpga' fails...

Hi ,

Please let us know whether by using 19.1 version of HLS this issue is resolved.

Thanks and Regards

Anil

0 Kudos