Intel® SoC FPGA Embedded Development Suite
Support for SoC FPGA Software Development, SoC FPGA HPS Architecture, HPS SoC Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems
444 Discussions

Problem with Ref.Software: altera_pcie_gui.exe launch

BPopa2
Beginner

I'm having problem with launching the AVMM DMA altera pcie GUI on Windows 10.

I have followed the following steps:-

1. Loaded the .sof file on the board and restarted the PC.
  2. Once the board is detected by the Device Manager, updated the device drivers provided in the folder (Also tried the updated version 1.1)
  3. Double clicked on the altera_pcie_gui.exe but no response.

Please help me solve the problem with the launching of the software.

Thank you in advance

0 Kudos
10 Replies
BoonT_Intel

Hi Sir,

May I know this step referring to which FPGA device and which documentation? Please provide the documentation link here so that we understand it clearer. Thanks.

0 Kudos
BPopa1
Beginner

Hello,

Thank you for your response. I'm talking about (How to run Windows GUI for AVMM DMA.docs *please find attached*) from https://fpgawiki.intel.com/wiki/Reference_Design:_Gen3x8_AVMM_DMA_-_Arria_10 page.

As mentioned, I have a PC running on Windows 10, after completing all the steps I'm not able to launch the GUI.

Please help me solve the problem.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
BoonT_Intel

Hi Sir, Looks like this design only validated with window 7. Thus, we don't expect it to work with window 10.

Also, please note that material that provided in wiki page is AS-IS basis. Thus, if you want to use this design, I will recommend you to use a machine with window 7 installed.

0 Kudos
AC1
Beginner

Hello sir,

I am also testing the PCIe in evaluation board using the same gui. but Gui is not opening after all the steps followed in the document. it is giving the pop up window as altera_PCIe_GUI has stopped working. how to resolve this issue. i am using windows 7 PC

0 Kudos
BoonT_Intel

Hi Sir,

Do you have the quartus install in your PC? After have the quartus install, you can follow the step below:

https://isvc.my.salesforce.com/sfc/p/#U0000000YT3c/a/0P000000LQ1T/GGGE4pMhBJtJmGdnWfia97yiQrH8M7aVwq9OJBZY130

0 Kudos
RALLA
Beginner

hello sir,

I have installed the quartus prime but still i am facing same issue

0 Kudos
BPopa1
Beginner

Hello,

Thank you for your response. I got the GUI running for AVMM DMA on my Windows 10 machine. I installed the tools Intel Quartus and SDK on my system and followed the same steps from the document and everything worked fine!

Once again, thanks for the assistance.

0 Kudos
BoonT_Intel

Hello,

Thanks for sharing.😉

BoonT_Intel

PCIEGUI.PNG

I just tested with my Window 7 64bits desktop and the GUI is working correctly. (Please note that it showing Gen2 because the slow that I am using only support Gen2).

Anyway, this show the GUI is working correctly.

0 Kudos
AC1
Beginner

Hello sir,

I have tried in 3 PC. it is giving error has gui stopped working. GUI is not opening at all. Any firewall settings do we need to change

0 Kudos