Intel® SoC FPGA Embedded Development Suite
Support for SoC FPGA Software Development, SoC FPGA HPS Architecture, HPS SoC Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems
445 Discussions

ethernet driver not working @ DE1-SoC

서박사
New Contributor I

Hello, I'm using DE1-SoC with lubuntu OS, but I cannot use the ethernet properly.

Searching for the reasons, I found that the booting log shows that ethadder assignment has been skipped due to an invalid MAC address in EEPROM.

My questions are...

1. Can the following booting log be one of the reasons that I cannot use the ethernet?

2. If so, is there any suggestion to fix the issue?

Thank you!

_0-1644478095581.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Paveetirra_Srie
Employee

Hi,

Error saying "Invalid EMAC address in EEPROM" could be due to many reasons.

I'm not sure what's exactly the issue that you're facing. Kindly provide me with more details about your query.

Thanks

Regards,

Pavee

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Paveetirra_Srie
Employee

Hi,

Error saying "Invalid EMAC address in EEPROM" could be due to many reasons.

I'm not sure what's exactly the issue that you're facing. Kindly provide me with more details about your query.

Thanks

Regards,

Pavee

Paveetirra_Srie
Employee

We do not receive any response from you to the previous reply that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. 

If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. 

Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. 

Thank you.

0 Kudos
서박사
New Contributor I

Sorry for the late response.

I've not investigated yet the error above, so I'll open a new thread if I gather the detailed logs for the error.

Thank you for your time and effort in this post!

0 Kudos