Intel® SoC FPGA Embedded Development Suite
Support for SoC FPGA Software Development, SoC FPGA HPS Architecture, HPS SoC Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems
444 Discussions

fatal error: cstdarg: No such file or directory

burakduysak
Novice

I was trying to implement Video and Image Processing Design Example (https://www.intel.com/content/dam/altera-www/global/en_US/uploads/2/2a/Video_and_Image_Processing_Design_Example_16_1.pdf)

but for only one composite video input.When I try to include .hpp files to my nios2 main.c, I got following error : 

15:43:49 **** Incremental Build of configuration Nios II for project vip_system ****
wsl make all
Info: Building /mnt/d/FPGA/VIP_CORE/software/vip_system_bsp/
make --no-print-directory -C /mnt/d/FPGA/VIP_CORE/software/vip_system_bsp/
[BSP build complete]
Info: Compiling hello_world.c to obj/default/hello_world.o
nios2-elf-gcc.exe -xc -MP -MMD -c -Id:/FPGA/VIP_CORE/software/vip_system_bsp//drivers/vip/../../drivers/vip/inc -Id:/FPGA/VIP_CORE/software/vip_system_bsp//drivers/vip/../../drivers/vip/src -Id:/FPGA/VIP_CORE/software/vip_system_bsp//HAL/inc -Id:/FPGA/VIP_CORE/software/vip_system_bsp/ -Id:/FPGA/VIP_CORE/software/vip_system_bsp//drivers/inc -pipe -D__hal__ -DALT_NO_INSTRUCTION_EMULATION -DALT_SINGLE_THREADED -O0 -g -Wall -mno-hw-div -mno-hw-mul -mno-hw-mulx -mgpopt=global -o obj/default/hello_world.o hello_world.c
In file included from d:\fpga\vip_core\software\vip_system_bsp\drivers\vip\inc\VipCore.hpp:4,
from d:\fpga\vip_core\software\vip_system_bsp\drivers\vip\inc\clipper.hpp:4,
from hello_world.c:18:
d:\fpga\vip_core\software\vip_system_bsp\drivers\vip\inc\VipUtil.hpp:13:10: fatal error: cstdarg: No such file or directory
#include <cstdarg>
^~~~~~~~~
Makefile:724: recipe for target 'obj/default/hello_world.o' failed
compilation terminated.
make: *** [obj/default/hello_world.o] Error 1

What could be the reason ? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
burakduysak
Novice

I solved the issue. I think this is an eclipse IDE issue. 

I add 2 more paths to Application Include Directories, which is under Properties>Nios 2 Application Properties>Nios 2 Application Paths, then change my main. c to main.cpp 

I attached the paths.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
burakduysak
Novice

I solved the issue. I think this is an eclipse IDE issue. 

I add 2 more paths to Application Include Directories, which is under Properties>Nios 2 Application Properties>Nios 2 Application Paths, then change my main. c to main.cpp 

I attached the paths.

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @burakduysak,

Thank you so much for sharing the solution here and apologies for the inconvenient cause.
With that we would proceed to close this threads, any issues faced in the future we can always pots a new thread or response to this thread on the next 5 days.
After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you with your follow-up questions.

Warm Regards
BB

0 Kudos