Intel® Software Guard Extensions (Intel® SGX)
Discussion board focused on hardware-based isolation and memory encryption to provide extended code protection in solutions.

Returns SGX_ERROR_MODE_INCOMPATIBLE

k__balaganapathy

Hi,

I'm trying out this example https://github.com/intel/sgx-ra-sample. I tried to build the client in simulation mode using the configure option --enable-sgx-simulation. 

./configure --with-openssldir=/opt/openssl/1.1.0i --enable-sgx-simulation

But when i run the client, i get the output as:

sgx_create_enclave: trusted_enclave_signed.so: 0000200e

I looked into the doc and found out that the error 0x200e means SGX_ERROR_MODE_INCOMPATIBLE which is caused when the target enclave 32/64 bit mode or sim/hw mode is incompatible with the mode of current uRTS. 

Can anyone help me resolve this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JesusG_Intel

Hello Bala,

We found a bug in the sample and a temporary workaround that will get you past the simulation mode issue. This is not a permanent fix so you will have to revert the file to the original when you are not running in simulation mode.

Make the following changes in sgx_stub.c

line 176: replace "libsgx_uae_service.so" with "libsgx_uae_service_sim.so"

line 190: replace ""libsgx_urts.so" with ""libsgx_urts_sim.so"

Then you can run:

source /opt/intel/sgxsdk/environment

make clean

make

./run-client

View solution in original post

5 Replies
JesusG_Intel

Hello Bala, we are looking into your issue.

Keep in mind that running the sample in simulation mode will fail the attestation, as explained on the webpage: "Note that Remote Attestation will fail for clients running in simulation mode, as this mode has no hardware protection."

0 Kudos
k__balaganapathy

Hi JesusG, I'm aware that Remote Attestation will fail for clients running in simulation mode.

I just wanted to know why its returning this error SGX_ERROR_MODE_INCOMPATIBLE.  I've attached the generated make file below. I guess its linking again the right sim libs (sgx_trts_sim, sgx_tservice_sim, sgx_urts_sim, sgx_uae_service_sim). 

0 Kudos
JesusG_Intel

Hello Bala,

We found a bug in the sample and a temporary workaround that will get you past the simulation mode issue. This is not a permanent fix so you will have to revert the file to the original when you are not running in simulation mode.

Make the following changes in sgx_stub.c

line 176: replace "libsgx_uae_service.so" with "libsgx_uae_service_sim.so"

line 190: replace ""libsgx_urts.so" with ""libsgx_urts_sim.so"

Then you can run:

source /opt/intel/sgxsdk/environment

make clean

make

./run-client

k__balaganapathy
0 Kudos
JesusG_Intel

This thread has been marked as answered and Intel will no longer monitor this thread. If you want a response from Intel in a follow-up question, please open a new thread.

0 Kudos