Intel® Software Guard Extensions (Intel® SGX)
Discussion board focused on hardware-based isolation and memory encryption to provide extended code protection in solutions.

sgx_create_enclave not returning

AArya2
New Contributor I

I have come across a case where sgx_create_enclave does not return, but runs indefinitely.

I don't know what can be causing the problem, so please tell me what portions of my project would be useful to share, since it's a relatively large one.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
gaston-hillar
Valued Contributor I

Arya,

Firstly, can you share the code snippet that is making the call to sgx_create_enclave?

0 Kudos
gaston-hillar
Valued Contributor I

Arya,

In addition, can you provide details on what you are trying to do, so that it is possible to understand the context without sharing the entire piece of code.

0 Kudos
AArya2
New Contributor I

The implementation problem was obviously from my side. I rewrote the program and the problem has gone away. I think it had to do with me having provided an incorrect filename, or in a format that the API didn't recognize.

The only problem is that it is more desirable for the API to "object" and return an error code that not to return at all. Unfortunately, I don't think I can give any minimal stepwise guide to reproduce the problem I was having.

0 Kudos
gaston-hillar
Valued Contributor I

Arya,

Got it.

0 Kudos