Intel® Software Guard Extensions (Intel® SGX)
Discussion board focused on hardware-based isolation and memory encryption to provide extended code protection in solutions.

sgx_ukey_exchange.lib(ukey_exchange.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp___invalid_parameter_noinfo

Veawor_L_
Beginner

Hi,

I'm upgrading my SGX SDK from 1.6 to 1.7.100.35600, and it fails to link to C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\IntelSGXSDK\bin\Win32\Debug\sgx_ukey_exchange.lib with Debug Configuration. And I have to change preprocessor from _DEBUG to NDEBUG, and runtime library from /MDd to /MD to succeed to link. I'm wondering if there are some libraries in the Debug folder not be configured as a Debug configuration. Any advise is appreciated.

Thank you!
Veawor

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Francisco_C_Intel

When you switched from 1.6 to 1.7, did you also switch from VS2013 to VS2015?

If you need to, you can add the files in the sample application, RemoteAttestation\isv_app\sample_ukey_exchange\*, instead of adding the precompiled static library.

0 Kudos
Veawor_L_
Beginner

@Francisco
Which precompiled static library do you mean? I thought the sample code in RemoteAttestation\isv_app\sample_ukey_exchange\* still need to link to sgx_ukey_exchange.lib. Am I missing something?

0 Kudos
Francisco_C_Intel

The sample code in RemoteAttestation does link against the sgx_ukey_exchange.lib static library, yes. If you are using the supported IDE, VS2015, this prebuilt static library should work.

If for some reason the prebuilt static library was built in such a way that you cannot use it directly in your project, you can instead use the source files I mentioned. Note that passing in the static library to the linker AND using the source files won't work.

Which version of Visual Studio are you using?

0 Kudos
Veawor_L_
Beginner

I'm using VC2012. I haven't tried VS2015 yet, but this issue seems not related to the VC version. It's fine to link to the C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\IntelSGXSDK\bin\Win32\Release\sgx_ukey_exchange.lib with Release Configuration. The issue only happens when project link to C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\IntelSGXSDK\bin\Win32\Debug\sgx_ukey_exchange.lib with Debug Configuration.

I'll try VS2015 later and see if this issue happens.

0 Kudos
Veawor_L_
Beginner

I can confirm that this issue disappeared after updating to VC2015. It looks like the SDK is not backward compatible with VC2012.

0 Kudos