Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

Linker Problem with MKL Fast Poisson solver

Bone__J
Beginner

Hi all,

I am writing a small library for fluid dynamic simulations. I use Qt Creator ( 4.2.1, Based on Qt 5.8.0 (MSVC 2015, 32 bit)) and am compiling with mingw32 on Windows 10. I require the mkl fast poisson library for my solver. I dynamically link the library, and the source compiles, however as soon as I try to call the library I receive the dreaded:

"Intel MKL FATAL ERROR: Cannot load mkl_intel_thread.dll."

error. Apparently this happens a lot with python libraries and appears to generally be an issue with the libraries not being on the PATH. After downloading the newest IntelMKL release (219.3.203) I have already tried the following:

1) Path Variables: ...IntelSWTools\compilers_and_libraries_2019.3.203\windows\redist\ia32_win\mkl and

...IntelSWTools\compilers_and_libraries_2019.3.203\windows\redist\ia32_win\compiler in PATH. No dice, also:

2) Not in Path: I dynamically link and include the following libraries (some perhaps unnecessary) (mkl_rt, mkl_intel_thread, mkl_core)

Regardless of these two approaches, I always get the error. None of the topics I have thus far found appear to help my case.

Help!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Gennady_F_Intel

just for clarification -- did you linked your application with mkl sucessfully?  In your case you link with

mkl_intel_c.lib mkl_intel_thread.lib mkl_core.lib libiomp5md.lib  from 32 bit of mkl correspondingly? 

0 Kudos