Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.
6977 Discussions

Option '-mkl' can't do static link in Intel Composer 2013update1

kangshiyin
Beginner

I found -mkl option can't do static link for MKL in Intel Composer 2013update1. But it works well in 2011_sp1_update3.

The folloiwing post in the Forum 'Intel® C++ Compiler ' contains the compling and linking commands for this issue.

http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/topic/347295

Is this a bug for 2013? Will -mkl support static link later?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Gennady_F_Intel
I don't see the problem on my side with Composer 2013 ( Package ID: l_ccompxe_2013.1.117 l_ccompxe_13.0.1.117 and w_ccompxe_p_13.0.1.119 ) I checked how it works on linux and windows 64 bit systems. the compilation line: icl /w /Fo /I"$(LINCL)" /Qmkl:parallel /Fedgemm.exe dgemm.cpp or icc dgemm.cpp -I${MKL_INCL} -mkl=sequential -o dgemm.out it works for both systems. --Gennady
0 Kudos
Tom_Truscott
Beginner
Try putting the -mkl=sequential (or similar) option at the end of the command line (in particular, after any .o files). If that works, then it seems like an options processing deficiency to me.
0 Kudos
David_W_7
Beginner
I am having the same problem. The exact code worked fine with 2011 update 3, but now MKL works only with a dynamic link. When I use a static link (which I require) I get lots of errors about the unavailability of BLAS and LAPACK. I've tried both -mkl=parallel and -mkl=sequential and neither helps much. Thanks! David
0 Kudos