Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.
6981 Discussions

Problem while Creating the Environmental varialbes using mklvarsem64t

mecipema
Beginner
I wish to use the mkl subroutines for doing computaions in my code. As mentioned in the user guide, I used mklvarsem64t to create the Environmental Variables INCLUDE, LIBRARY PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH. But when i try to run the executable, it was not working.
The reason was "/opt/intel/mkl/10.0.2.018/lib/em64t/libiomp5.so: no version information available (required by main.e)"

This is because of the problem of Enviro: Variable. So I type cd $LD_LIBRARY_PATH and I end up getting
"
/opt/intel/mkl/10.0.2.018/include:/opt/intel/mkl/10.0.2.018/include:/opt/intel/mkl/10.0.2.018/include:/opt/intel/mkl/10.0.2.018/include:/opt/intel/mkl/10.0.2.018/include:/opt/intel/mkl/10.0.2.018/include:/opt/intel/mkl/10.0.2.018/include: No such file or directory."

Then I went to the correspondint file mklvarsem64t and checked it. The problem seems to be with the line as shown in bold
"if ($?LD_LIBRARY_PATH) then
setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH "${MKLROOT}/lib/em64t:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH"
else
setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH "${MKLROOT}/lib/em64t"
endif
"
But since I am not able to proceed any further I request your kind help.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
mecej4
Honored Contributor III
libiomp5.so is not in the MKL lib directory, but in the compiler lib directory. Just add $IFCDIR/lib/intel64 or $ICCDIR/lib/intel64 to LD_LIBRARY_PATH, as appropriate. The startup shell script for the compiler (ifortvars.sh, etc.) should have already put this path into LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

You cannot do "cd $LD_LIBRARY_PATH" if the path has more than one component.
0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III
If you have an MKL version active which is supplied with the ifort or icc compiler, it would be as mecej4 said, you should use the LD_LIBRARY_PATH as set up by the compiler environment script.

Remember also that the environment script must be sourced, not run as a shell script
source /opt/intel/mkl/10.0.2.018/bin/mklvarsem64t.sh (or similar)
while the include file path must be specified within the compiler command line invocation
-I/opt/intel/mkl/10.0.2.018/include/
0 Kudos