Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

Problems with installation of MKL 7.0

chik0010
Beginner
I download l_mkl_p_7.0.017 and follow all the instruction for instalation. Finally libraries located at /opt/intel/mkl70/lib/32.
in makefile i tried to link them with command
-L/opt/intel/mkl70/lib/32 -lmkl_lapack -lmkl_p4 -lpthread
to my code
and got the message
ifc -w95 -O3 -o beassi kinds.o beassi.o glusolvr.o haldgreen.o halsgreen.o freefield.o fuldgreen.o fulsgreen.o fuldgrstr.o -static -L/opt/intel/mkl70/lib/32 -lmkl_lapack -lmkl_p4 -lpthread
ld: cannot find -lmkl_p4
I wondering what is wrong?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Todd_R_Intel
Employee
Your command line specifies static linking, but you libmkl_p4.so is a dynamicallylinkable archive. If you do indeed want to link statically link to libmkl_ia32.a using "-lmkl_ia32". The version of MKL for Intel Pentium 4 processors will be dispatched at runtime (if that is the processor you are running on).
-Todd
0 Kudos
chik0010
Beginner

Thank you for your help, the problem as you point out was in wrong usage of linking command, now almost everything is fine except that at some point new version of my program (compiled with 8.0 compiler)start crashing with the message 'Segmentation fault' but I think it is a bug in the source, though with the previous compiler whichwas intel-ifc7-7.1-40 there were no problems.

Message Edited by chik0010@umn.edu on 09-13-2004 08:49 AM

0 Kudos