Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.
6977 Discussions

Still cannot attach MKL library from Visual Studio

WSinc
New Contributor I

I went back to an earlier version (VS 2010) which does the Fortran source code routines fine -

But I still cannot make it attach an entry point routine in the MKL library.

Steve mentioned an option in the LINKER (project properties) to tell it to attach the MKL library,

but for some reason, that option is not available (at least not to me), I cant find it anywhere.

are you saying I should give up on Visual Studio entirely ?

I was kinda commited to using that for program development and debugging up till now - - - -

0 Kudos
5 Replies
WSinc
New Contributor I

BTW, this appears to be more of a problem with Visual studio that it is with the MKL library,

but I could not find a forum for using Visual Studio per se.

Is that addressed anywhere ?

0 Kudos
WSinc
New Contributor I

Here is a screen shot, showing prolect properties, linker choices.

as you can see, there is NO option to tell it to attach the MKL.

0 Kudos
WSinc
New Contributor I

can I get paid support somewhere ?

I really need a straight answer from someone who is not guessing.

0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

Your screenshot in #3 is the page for Linker → General. If you click on "Linker" you will cause the entry to be expanded; after "General", you will see "Input", click on "Input" (i.e., Linker→Input), and you will see a page where you can specify mkl_rt.lib as an additional dependency. That should make things work for you.

The attached screenshot is from VS2015, but VS2010's version should be similar.

0 Kudos
Ying_H_Intel
Employee

Hi billsincl, 

do you have option switch on in figure 1. in the article 

https://software.intel.com/en-us/how-to-build-mkl-application-in-intel-visual-fotran-msvs

for example,  

Open Project → Property Pages →Fortran → Libraries →Use Intel Math Kernel Library. Select the desired option, such as /Qmkl:parallel or /Qmkl:sequential. Once selected all of environment settings and required libraries are ready for your project. Proceed to build and run the application.

If no, you may follow the manual setting as the article. 

.1.  To add the include path manually refer to the MSVS* screenshot below. Open Project → Property Pages →Fortran →General. Type/Paste the library directory in the 'Additional Include Directories' field.

2. To add the library path manually refer to the MSVS* screenshot below. Open Project → Property Pages → Linker →General. Type/Paste the library directory in the 'Additional Library Directories' field.

Best Regards,

3. To add  the required libraries manually refer to the MSVS* screenshot below. Open Project → Property Pages → Linker → Additional Dependencies. Paste the libraries from the Intel® Math Kernel Library Link Line Advisor.

Ying 

0 Kudos