Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

crash in sgelsy

hagai_sela
Beginner
Hi,
I am having problems with sgelsy using Mkl version 10.3 on ubuntu 10.10 64 bit, from C.
first I tried to call via the old interface (plain sgelsy) and got error -1 (error in the first parameter). It was 50000, I don't see how this can be an error.
Then I moved to the C interface and now the code crashes. I ran it with valgrind, and it seems MKL is trying to read values outside of the jpvt array.
code is attached.
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Gennady_F_Intel
interesting, that's an unknown issue,
I just quickly checked the main.cpp on windows 32/64 - the test passed with the latest 10.3 update2.
"The thread 'Win64 Thread' (0x214) has exited with code 0 (0x0)."

What update of 10.3 are you using? and how do you link the test?

0 Kudos
hagai_sela
Beginner
I am using update 1, but on linux 64 bit (ubuntu 10.10).
This is the link line:
g++ -L/opt/intel/composerxe/mkl/lib/intel64 -L/opt/intel/composerxe/lib/intel64 -o bin/Debug/sgelsytest obj/Debug/main.o -Wl,--start-group /opt/intel/composerxe/mkl/lib/intel64/libmkl_intel_ilp64.a /opt/intel/composerxe/mkl/lib/intel64/libmkl_intel_thread.a /opt/intel/composerxe/mkl/lib/intel64/libmkl_core.a -Wl,--end-group /opt/intel/composerxe/lib/intel64/libiomp5.a -lpthread
I also tried dynamic linking, same results.
Hagai.
0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel
How about the LP64 interface or with non-threaded version?
0 Kudos
hagai_sela
Beginner
LP64 works, both single and multi-threaded. Thanks!

Hagai.
0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel
That's great. For ilp64 case, please add the /DMKL_ILP64 option and the problem will dissapear. Please refer to the User's Guide for more details ( see chapter 3, Supporting for ILP64 interfaces).
--Gennady
0 Kudos
hagai_sela
Beginner
I just upgraded from the compiler suite version 11.1.072 to the composer, and used the web wizard to select the linkage method. I didn't think this requires re-reading the manual.... maybe you should put lp64 as the default in the wizard.
Hagai.
0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel
Ok, that's make a sence do to. We have some plans to update the Linker Adviser in the nearest Future.
0 Kudos